Play iTunes digital copies on nexus 7? – I love my Nexus 7! I would love it even more if I could find a way to play my dozen itunes digital copies on the Google Tablet Nexus 7 from blurays that are stored in itunes. Any ideas?
As a digital version of Blu-ray or DVD movie, Digital Copy gives you he flexibility to watch your movie anytime, anywhere. You may transfer your “Digital Copy” to your Mac, PC and iTunes-compatible devices. Basically Digital Copies all boil down to the DRM (Digital Rights Management) which prevents you from playing them on unauthorized devices. Unfortunately, the Android devices have not get a license to play DRM contents, which means digital copy movies will even play on the Google Nexus 7.
In order to bring Digital Copies downloads to Nexus 7 for playing without problems, you’ll need to strip DRM from Digital Copy movies first and then convert them to a friendly format by the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) Tablet. Below is a simple tutorial for you, guaranteed to transfer iTunes Digital Copies to Google Nexus 7 via Mac.
ChewTune for Mac (also available for windows) — an easy-to-use yet top-ranking DRM removal software for Android. It supports protected movies, TV shows from iTunes, and Blu-ray/DVD digital copy videos that have been transferred to iTunes. And the output quality as decent as possible as original. Follow the DRM removal process to achieve your goal smoothly to get Digital Copy movies and Nexus 7 play nicely.
- Run ChewTune, drag and drop digital copy movie from Mac iTunes to the software.
- Select output video format. Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to “Common Video > H.264 Video (*.mp4)”. You can click “Settings” button to customize size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel to your required ones.
Below is optimized format settings for Nexus 7 per my experience:
After that, you can click on “Save as” to rename the profile, such as “Google Nexus H.264 Video (*.mp4)”. Next time, you can easily find it in “Custom” category.
- Start getting rid of DRM protection and convert Digital Copies to Nexus 7 videos. Once the process completes, you can transfer the converted Digital Copy movies to Goolge Nexus 7 and enjoy them on the go.
The software works like most other DRM removal softwares I’ve used. The difference here is you’ll need to “set iTunes to 32bit if you are running Mac OS X Lion” and “run the program and type in password of your Mac account as it requires” if you used it first time.
- iTunes to Nexus 7 – Sync and Play iTunes movies on Google Nexus 7 via Mac
- Download/Copy iTunes Digital Copy movies to BlackBerry PlayBook with Mac OS X
- Digital Copy Movies to Nook Color/Tablet via Mac
- Bringing Digital Copy movies downloads to Samsung Galaxy S3 for Playback
- Sync/Transfer iTunes purchased videos to Samsung Galaxy Note from Mac