Euiped with a quad-core processor, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet is fast for surfing the internet and playing games. Besides, its whopping 10.1-inch 1080p-resolution display makes it ideal for movie watching. Throw in the Galaxy Note’s robust battery life and obvious portability, and you’ve got a top-notch on-the-go entertainment device. If you have some Digital Copy downloads stored in your Mac iTunes and want to transfer those Digital Copy movies to Galaxy Note 10.1 for enjoying on the go. However, due to DRM restriction, it just tells you license acquisition failed on the Galaxy Note tablet?
Yeah, basically Digital Copies all boil down to the DRM which prevents you from playing them on unauthorized devices. Unfortunately the Android devices including the Galaxy has not get a license to play DRM contents, which means Digital Copy movies will not even play on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet. In order to get Digital Copy Movies and Galaxy Note 10.1 to play nicely, you may have to get rid of DRM restriction from the Digital Copy first and then convert Digital Copies to Galaxy Note 10.1 supported H.264 or MPEG-4 videos.
To help those who wanna play Digital Copy movies on the Android 4.0 Tablet, here I would throw a quick tutorial up, guaranteed to put Digital Copy on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet using Mac for playback.
- Removing DRM from Digital Copy movies for playback with Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 under Mac OS X
The quick workaround is to use the ChewTune Mac app (Althernative Wins version), a top Mac iTunes DRM Movie Decoder which can easily handle DRM-protected contents including iTunes and Digital Copies coming with Blu-ray/DVD discs on Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8). Meanwile the result videos is very excellent, and see no difference when compared to playing the Digital Copy movies themselves. Below is how.
The software works like most other converter tools I’ve used. The only thing to keep in mind is that with this workflow, you’re requested to:
- Set iTunes to 32bit if you are running Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
- Run the program and type in password of your Mac account as it requires.
And here we go with the DRM removal process.
- After installing, run ChewTune, drag and drop Digital Copy to the software.
- Click “Format” bar, you can easily find the optimized profile for Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet under Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note(*.mp4). The profile works well for the Note 10.1.
Tip – You can click “Settings” button to set the video/audio parameters such as adjust video and audio birate, resolution, frame rate etc. Remember the file size is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss.
- Click the big Convert button to convert Digital Copy movies to Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 supported videos.
After the conversion, you can click “Open” button to locate the DRM-free MP4 video files. Then you can connect your Galaxy Note to your Mac using the USB cable and transfer the converted Digital Copy movies to Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet and enjoy them on the go.
P.S. To Transfer Video Files from Mac to Galaxy Note 10.1, here’s the steps to follow:
To start, you should ensure that the Samsung Kies is installed on your Mac. If not, you can download the program here:
1 >> Connect the multifunction jack on your Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet to your Mac by using a data cable.
Hint: The Samsung Kies will launch automatically. If the program doesn’t automatically launch, just double-click the Kies icon on your Mac.
2 >> Copy videos from the computer to your Galaxy Tablet.
- Copy DVD movies to Samsung Galaxy Note via Mac
- Bringing Digital Copy movies downloads to Samsung Galaxy S3 for Playback
- Rip and Convert Blu-ray movies for Samsung Galaxy Note on Mac
- Digital Copy Movies to Nook Color/Tablet via Mac
- Sync/Transfer iTunes purchased videos to Samsung Galaxy Note from Mac