Syncing iTunes with Nexus 7 – I just changed my tablet from iPad to the brand-new Google Nexus 7, I wonder is there a way that I can sync my movies from mac iTunes library to the Android-based Tablet?
With over one million pixels on a stunning 7″ display, the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) Tablet really rocks for watching movies. If you have ever purchased some videos (TV shows / Movies) from iTunes store, you may want to copy them to your Nexus 7 Talet for enjoying on the go. However, things turn to be different when you’re trying to sync and play iTunes videos on Goolge Nexus 7, you’re only told that the Android 4.1 Tablet cannot play them because of the Apple’s FairPlay DRM copyright protection.
To play a protected iTunes m4v files, the device need to needs to be authorized (using iTunes) with the account that was used to purchase the video. Unfortunately, the Android-based device has not got a license to play DRM contents, which means iTunes videos will not work on Nexus 7 Android Tablet. In order to transfer files (movies/TV shows) from Mac iTunes to Google Nexus 7, you may have to remove iTunes movie DRM restriction first and convert iTunes movies to Nexus 7 supported videos (e.g. h.264 mp4).
To get iTunes and Google Nexus 7 to play nicely, below, I will throw a quick tutorial for you, guaranteed to sync iTunes with your Google Nexus 7 from Mac.
Before anything else, you have to download an app that you are going to use later. You are required to download and install:
ChewTune is a great iTunes m4v Converter for Android which can easily handle DRM-protected contents including iTunes and Digital Copies coming with Blu-ray/DVD discs. Meanwhile the playback of the converted videos is as decent as possible as original. You can use the tool to sync iTunes videos with more Android-based Tablets. To use the Mac iTunes Movie DRM decoder, you’re request to:
1. Set iTunes not to remember playback position.
2. Set iTunes to 32bit if you are running Mac OS X Lion.
How to Put and Play iTunes M4V on Google Nexus 7
1. Free downloaded the iTunes to Nexus 7 Converter to your Mac, run the program and put in password for user account as it requires.
2. Press the “Add” icon to browse to iTunes library movie folder. In Finder window, open Music-> iTunes-> iTunes Media-> specific movie folder-> single .m4v file, and then press on “Choose” or just drag and drop iTunes files to the program.
3. Select output profile for Google Nexus 7. Here I recommend you choose “Google Nexus H.264 Video (*.mp4)” (to get the customized profile, you will need to download a patch here) from “Android” category.
4. Click the big “Convert” button to transfer iTunes m4v to Google Nexus 7 mp4 videos on Mac.
- Tips: You can adjust the output parameters of the video by click “Settings” button. Below is best format setting for Google Nexus 7 per my experience, you can take it as reference.
Once the process completes, you can transfer the result videos to Nexus 7. So there you have it. Now you can start viewing iTunes movies on Google Nexus 7 as you want.
- iTunes to Acer A700 via Mac- Sync and Play iTunes movies on Acer Iconia Tab A700
- Sync/Transfer iTunes purchased videos to Samsung Galaxy Note from Mac
- Convert/Download protected iTunes movies to Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 on Mac
- Watch iTunes movies on Nook Tablet with best video quality via Mac
- Watch iTunes movies on Kindle Fire with best video quality