The NEX-F3 is the latest entry to Sony’s mirrorless camera lineup, replacing the NEX-C3. Video specifications are improved over its predecessor, with the NEX-F3 outputting AVCHD 1080 video at 60i or 24p. It’s really wonderful to take it and record exciting moments. However, the AVCHD MTS files recorded by the Sony NEX is not friendly with iPad or Android-based Tablet. In order to put and play NEX-F3 files to iPad/Android Tablet, you may have to do some work in advance. I mean you’ll need to convert AVCHD to something (e.g. H.264 MP4 video) the iPad and Android Tablet can read. Below, I will throw a quick tutorial on how to transfer Sony NEX AVCHD footage to iPad/Android Tablet for playing back.
It works perfectly on Sony NEX AVCHD (*.m2ts or *.mts) to MP4 conversion for your iPad and Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy Tab, Nook Tablet, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7, Toshiba Thrive, Sony Tablet S… Conversion speed seems fine and the videos look decent as original. The Mac version is able to help us convert MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes and AIC codec for Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express and iMovie. Just download it and follow the steps below to transcode Sony NEX-F3 MTS to MP4 for your iPad or Android Tablet.
The Steps: Convert Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD MTS to MP4 for iPad/Android Tablet playing back
Note: For Mac users, just follow the detailed guide to complete your conversion. The way encod Sony NEX MTS to MP4 for your Tablet under Windows OS is the same.
- Step 1. After dragging and dropping Sony NEX-F3 footage to the excellent Sony MTS Converter for Mac, Select H.264 .mp4 for conversion. There are optimized format for iPad (iPad, iPad 3, the new iPad) Galaxy Tab, Xoom, HP TouchPad, Acer Iconia Tab, Asus Transformer Prime, Google Nexus 7 etc. Basically the “Common Video > H.264 Video (*.mp4)” is an universal format for iPad and Android tablets and smartphones.
- Step 2. Click the big Convert button to transfer Sony NEX AVCHD to MP4 videos.
Some more helpful features of the app:
1. You can click settings button to adjust the output parameters, such as size, bitrate, frame rate etc.
2. Edit function is very useful and convenient. You can Trim, Crop, or adjust Effects in the Sony AVCHD MTS to MP4 converter.
Once the conversion completes, you can download and copy the result videos to your Tablet. In this way, you can play Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD files on iPad/Android Tablet as you want.
- Convert/Transcode/Import Sony NEX 5n AVCHD MTS/M2TS to FCP 6/7 ProRes on Mac
- The Way Syncing iTunes Files To Android Tablet From Mac OS X
- Best new iPad 3 HD Converter for Mac – Convert MKV to new iPad 3 for smoothly playing
- How to Encode Sony Nex 5n AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Friendly Format on Mac
- Tricks for Importing Sony NEX-FS700 (50p/60p) footage to Final Cut Pro for smooth editing